Every now and then I get on a big make-up, beauty product kick and decide I need to revamp my collection and add a few new products. Like most of you I’m sure, I find something that I really love that works and I stick to it…for a long time. After a while though, I start to wonder if there isn’t another product that I would love even more, and thus begins my spiral into reviews, tutorials, and let’s be honest sometimes over-spending to find exactly what I want.
Today, I wanted to share with you all some of my most recent favorite make-up purchases and how I use them so that maybe you could find a product you love–on the first try!
1. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Illumination CC Cream– I haven’t been using this CC cream for very long, but I had read rave reviews about it and decided to try it. So far, I love it! It goes on so smoothly, the coverage is great(for a CC cream) it’s SPF 50 and anti-aging. A little bit goes a long way and it smells great! Here’s what you need to know. The illumination version of this is pretty glittery. I don’t mind a little glitter and it’s not super noticeable in normal lighting, but if and when I run out, I will probably purchase the non-illuminator version. I like to use this in combination with # 6 on my list on areas of my face that I want a little less of a dewey finish. Also for my girls with skin that tends to be on the more oily side, this product might not be your favorite. I would recommend something a little more matte, (like #6 on my list). I wear the shade “Light”.
2.NYX Butter Gloss– There’s a reason that a $5 lip gloss makes it on even the top beauty bloggers list–it really is that great. Inexpensive, great shades to choose from, and it’s easy to find at Target, drugstores and higher-end make up stores. I love it because it smells great, has enough color but not too bold, and isn’t sticky or tacky like some gloss tends to be. My favorite shades are Tiramisu and Creme Brûlée.
3. Tartiest Pro Glow Highlight & Contour Palette– I’ve been using this palette for about six months now and I love it. I don’t highlight and contour everyday, but if I’m going somewhere at night or some kind of event, I definitely love using this to add that extra element of dimension. I like to use the “sculpt” shade for contouring and the “stunner” shade for highlighting. The others are great as well, but as with any palette its hard not to play favorites 🙂
4. Maybelline Master Conceal– This is another one of those products that shows up on a lot of lists as a “dupe” for some of the more expensive concealers out there, and I agree! I’ve used lots of the more expensive concealers out there, especially for under my eyes, and I really think this product is just as good. I am almost out of the tube that I have and I think I’ve been using it for about 8 months to a year. This is a thick, but not too thick liquid that works great under eyes or to conceal trouble areas like acne. I like to put it on the bridge of my nose, chin, and definitely under my eyes. I wear the shade “light”.
5. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel– A friend of mine recently got a facial, and she said while she was there one of the professionals recommended this product as a toner and pore-reducer. You know if they’re recommending a product under $5 at a high-end spa then it really must work! I’ve always had trouble with big pores, especially on my cheeks, and I can tell you that this product has definitely made a difference in reducing the size. I especially love the way it makes my face feel completely clean. I use this toner after my Micellar Cleansing Water (which I also love, by the way! ) and before I do any spot-control or moisturizer. The combination of all of those makes my skin feel clean and ready for bed, or fresh and ready for make-up!
6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation– So I’ve already mentioned this product once in this post, but I really do love it and think it’s one of the best full coverage foundations out there. The great thing about Tarte products is you know they are made with good ingredients that you don’t mind putting on your face. This foundation just feels good on your skin and gives great coverage which are both super important. My skin is neither oily or dry, but reviews I’ve read have said if you do have dry skin this foundation could bring that out even more (most likely because it is clay which has a natural drying effect). The combination of this and the CC cream has been great for me! I wear the shade “Fairly light neutral”.
7. L’oreal Telescopic Mascara– My sister introduced this mascara to me over a year ago and it’s still by far my favorite. Like other products in my make up bag, I’ve tried the more expensive, high-end mascaras but keep coming back to this one. It’s really just that amazing. At under $8 at most stores you just can’t beat it.
There you have it! If you have any questions about more of my favorite beauty products, my morning skincare and make up routine, or want to share one of your favorite products with me, please comment below!